I really like the 14, a lot. Wish i could find half a deal like that 2000 miles closer.
Two nice looking pairs--can you imagine?
(more driver pics would be nice)
Vintage Altec Lansing Model 14 Speakers | eBay
Being of "Sound" Mind
I really like the 14, a lot. Wish i could find half a deal like that 2000 miles closer.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Yeah-they're great sounding speakers. One day left, still at $699. I'll bet there will be some last minute bids...
Being of "Sound" Mind
They sold for $699--someone got a nice deal. I'm assuming that's for one pair and not for both pair?
Being of "Sound" Mind
Seller seems to have carefully avoided making that clear by showing pics of 4 speakers and making no mention of the quantity being offered in the auction. Member since '99, he clearly knows what he's doing.
My suspicion is that "i have 2 pairs" means you can have the 2nd for the same price as the 1st, but please place your bid based on the assumption it's for all four.
This tactic rubs me the wrong way. I see it as a lazy, lame-ass misrepresentation, i conduct "cleaner" business than that at my worst.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
I thought it was intentionally vague as well. I wonder if he'll list the second pair now that the first pair sold.....
Being of "Sound" Mind
This is pure speculation on my part, but consider i've been playing in the ebay circus for perhaps a hair longer than the seller.
The high bidder bid twice, placing his 2nd bid 2 days after the first. My WAG is that the bidder may have been under the assumption he was bidding on all four.
But, i also recognize other possibilities.
Buyer and seller may have exchanged dialog answering the questions we have.
Buyer might not have been available at the ending time of the auction and decided to up his bid to ensure a win.
Buyer might be a shill for the seller.
Buyer might feel the auction was misrepresented and backed out of the deal altogether, maybe all 4 will be available again.
The problem with being an ebay spectator is that we never get all of the important details that the buyer and seller are privy to.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

it looks clearly misleading to me. I would bet good money that $700 was for a single pair.
That's high for a pair of M14s, but they are great sounding speakers.
- Mike
Bookmarks